See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post.
Last changes released on April 15th, 7:20PM.
We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes:
1. Farm 29: See prices below:
12x12 - 10,000,000,000 coins or 50 FarmCash (New Farm)
14x14 - 10,500,000,000 coins or 20 FarmCash
16x16 - 11,000,000,000 coins or 20 FarmCash
18x18 - 11,500,000,000 coins or 20 FarmCash
20x20 - 12,000,000,000 coins or 20 FarmCash
22x22 - 12,500,000,000 coins or 25 FarmCash
2. Belt and Dans for the next 10 facilities: Postponed for the next release.
3. Super Storage Tools (35 FC): Green Super Storage Shed will make your item storage 6 times as big. Purple Super Storage Shed will make your item storage 8 times as big.
4. Neighborhood Chains Contest: This is a weekly contest where 10 Farmtown neighborhoods compete with each other by operating the longest and most productive facility chains. Here are the rules and concepts:
a) Your neighborhood is just the collection of all your neighbours, that will be your team
b) A Neighborhood Chain for facility X is a subset of all the facilities X that you own plus the ones that your neighbours own
c) Every Thursday at 12AM EST, 4 facilities will be selected and 4 Neighborhood Chains will be automatically created for those facilities in your neighborhood
d) Groups of 10 neighborhoods each will be pre-selected *according to their strength* and will start competing
e) The winning neighborhood will be the one that earn the most XP points by producing or stocking goods on those 4 Neighborhood Chains
f) You can open the Neighborhood Chains Contest window using the blue mystery cube in your tool box or the one in the top left
g) In Farmtown you can have farmer X as your neighbour, but you may not be a neighbour for farmer X. Every time any of your neighbours works any of the facilities participating in the contest your Neighborhood Chains also benefits and increase the score as well.
However, every time you work any of the facilities participating in the contest you will increase your score, but you will only increase the score of farmer X if you are also his neighbour. For the same reason, every time you increase your score you are also helping the Neighborhood Chains of all the farmers that have you as a neighbour even if they are not your neighbours, this could be any amount, as there is currently no limit on the amount of neighborhoods that you can be part of, the only limit is in the amount of neighbours that you can have, which is about 90-120.
h) You have to be at level 150 or higher to participate in the contests
i) You can work your participating facilities anyway you like, using the Facility Manager, working them individually from a farm or using the 'Work' buttons inside the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen
j) Once you start the contest, the current neighbour list is the one that you will have until the end of the contest, meaning, if you delete or add new neighbours, that will not affect the neighbours you currently have contributing to your Neighborhood Chains until the next contest starts.
k) Players will be able to enter the contest during the first 4 days, from Thursday 12:00AM EST to Sunday 11:59PM EST
l) Your Neighborhood will be assigned to their competing groups at 2 times. For users starting the contest Thursday or Friday the competing Neighborhoods will be selected soon after Saturday 12AM EST. For users starting the contest Saturday or Sunday the competing Neighborhoods will be selected soon after Monday 12AM EST.
Notice that the fact that you may have less advanced neighbours in lower levels or with less facilities doesn't diminish your neighborhood chances to do well in the contest because we group the competing neighborhoods based on their strength. In other words, less advanced neighborhoods will be competing with other less advanced neighborhoods. More advanced neighborhoods will be competing with other more advanced neighborhoods.
These are the rules for the total amount of facilities you can have participating in a Neighborhood Chains Contest:
a) Of the 2 Coin facilities selected each week, you can have at least one of each participating in the contest, even if you don't have any FarmCash facilities participating in the contest.
b) Of the 2 FarmCash facilities selected each week, you can have as many as you own participating in the contest.
c) You can have as many Coins facilities participating in the contest as you have FarmCash facilities participating in the contest.
For example, if you have 1 Boat Yard (FarmCash), 1 Dance Club (FarmCash), 1 Bakery (Coins) and 1 Pizza Restaurant (Coins), you will have a total of 4 facilities participating in the contest.
If you then buy another Boat Yard (FarmCash) facility, and you had a second Bakery (Coins) facility on another farm, both, the Boat Yard (due to rule (b) above) and the second Bakery (due to rule (c) above) will be added automatically to your Neighborhood Chains and you will have a total of 6 facilities participating in the contest. If we can't find any additional Coins facility to add, you can buy one yourself and put it in a farm and it will be automatically added to the Neighborhood Chain and will start participating in the contest.
d) For any facility to be part of a Neighborhood Chain it has to be located on a farm.
e) At any time before the contest finishes, if you buy more of the 4 selected facilities and put them in a farm they will be automatically added to your Neighborhood Chains according to the rules above.
There are the rules for the rewards at the end of the contest:
- Rank #1: 2 FarmCash and 3 times the output of a selected Train Car
- Rank #2: 1 FarmCash and 2 times the output of a selected Train Car
- Rank #3: 100% of the output of a selected Train Car
- Rank #4: 70% of the output of a selected Train Car
- Rank #5: 60% of the output
- Rank #6: 50% of the output
- Rank #7: 45% of the output
- Rank #8: 40% of the output
- Rank #9: 35% of the output
- Rank #10: 30% of the output
We will be updating this feature in the following weeks.
5. Other Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed Quest Chart errors due to daylight adjustments in the US
- Added more protection against bots that were affecting the game performance
- Show 'Not enough fuel' warning message when using multiplanter without fuel
6. Fixes Coming Next Week:
- Sometimes when you navigate to another farm, the farm selector will show most farms 26x26 in size. This will also affects the Farm Stats screen.
- Sometimes the Mobile Lookout Tower do not show all farms with work available in blue.
7. New England Restaurant (FC): Produces food from the New England region in the United States.
Boston Baked Beans
New Eng Clam Bake
American Chop Suey
New products from other facilities: Clam Container in the Fish Farming Plant.
8. Blacksmith Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Blacksmith Supplies.
9. Car Wash (FC): Provides Manual Car Wash Services and can be stocked with products from the Car Wash Supplies Factory.
10. Blacksmith Shop (Coins): This was an existing building (level 98) that was converted into a Service Facility and moved to level 345. Provides Iron and Steel Forging Services and can be stocked with products from the Blacksmith Supplies Factory and the Charcoal Retort.
11. A new Automated Car Wash decorative building was added to level 98 to replace the Blacksmith Shop that was moved to level 345.
Post-Release Updates - April 7th, 11:30AM
- Fixed a bug in the Neighborhood Chains Contest that didn't allow you to have at least one of each Coins facility participating in the contest, and this was causing some X025 errors. You should be able to have one of each Coins facility participating in the contest even if you don't own any of the 2 farmcash facilities of this weeks contest.
Post-Release Updates - April 8th, 2:50AM
- Released the New England Restaurant.
Post-Release Updates - April 9th, 1:30AM
- Fixed bug that caused that some of the purchased farm cash facilities were not added to the Neighborhood Chain. Next time you enter the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen it should be corrected automatically. Please report if this is not the case.
Post-Release Updates - April 10th, 3:00AM
- Your Neighborhood Score at the bottom of the 'My Neighborhood Chains' Tab, now match your Neighborhood Score in the 'Competing Neighborhoods' tab. Notice the 'Competing Neighborhoods' tab list all the competing neighborhoods.
Post-Release Updates - April 12th, 1:30AM
- Released some improvements to the Neighborhood Chains Contest:
a) Fixed some scenarios where FarmCash facilities were purchased and the amount of Coin facilities participating in the contest was not increased.
b) The second tab 'My Neighborhood Chains' now shows the current user at the top and the rest are ordered by Points in descending order.
c) Changed/added some texts in the interface of the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen to make it easier to understand.
Post-Release Updates - April 12th, 8:30PM
- The current user picture in the neighbour bar is now showing correctly
- Released some improvements to the Neighborhood Chains Contest:
a) Layout and cosmetic changes.
b) When you mouse over any of the facility pictures on any of the Tabs in the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen you will see a tooltip indicating the name of the facility, if it's a regular or a service facility and if it's a FarmCash or a Coin facility.
c) The current user picture in the 'My Neighborhood Chains' tab is now showing correctly.
Post-Release Updates - April 14th, 1:40AM
- Released the Rewards for the Neighborhood Chains Contest.
Post-Release Updates - April 14th, 10:30PM
- Fixed more scenarios in the Neighborhood Chains Contest, where after a purchase of a participating Coins facility it was not added to the Neighborhood Chain even when the total amount of participating Coins facilities was less than the total amount of participating FarmCash facilities. This will be fixed for users the next time they open the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen.
Post-Release Updates - April 15th, 12:05AM
- Released the Green and Purple Super Storage Tools.
Post-Release Updates - April 15th, 7:20PM
- Released Farm29
- BugFix: Users that were on a level below 150 were not able to add facilities to the Item Storage.