See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post.
Last update released at September 1st, 11:00PM.
We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes.
1. 25 New Levels: 25 new decorations on the Buildings, Farm Decor, Fun and Others categories.
2. Last 4 expansions for Farm 27: See prices below:
34x34 - 13,500,000,000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 14,000,000,000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 14,500,000,000 coins or 30 FarmCash
40x40 - 15,000,000,000 coins or 30 FarmCash
3. Super Neighbours hired for farming Improvement: When using the Harvest-Plant combine all the XP and Coins are summarized per click not per field, same as what happens when you work your own farm.
4. Super Neighbours hired for design Improvements:
a) There is a new checkbox "Allow selling and buying items with my coins" so the farm owner can give extra permissions to SuperNeighbours to buy new 'coins' items for the farm or selling any 'coins' items in the farm to provide more flexibility when designing together. Remember, grant this permission with caution as your coins will always be used every time this SuperNeighbour buy an item for your farm. Notice the SuperNeighbour will never be allowed to buy FarmCash items for you farm.
b) All SuperNeighbours hired for design are now able to use any plowing tool to create new plow fields on empty spaces.
c) When you visit a friend that has permanently hired you for design, you will see a red dot on the farm selector on the specific farm that you are invited to design.
5. Long Crops Freight Car : It will deliver Wheat, Tomatoes, Cotton, Rice, Corn, Onions, Soybean, Sunflower, Flax and Sugarcane. See more info related to the quantities delivered by this train car at the bottom of this thread.
6. Long Fruits Freight Car : It will deliver Coconuts, Peaches, Walnuts, Oranges, Apples, Lemons, Olives, Mangoes, Cherries and Bananas.
7. Show all Farms Info at once: When you click the 'Show Names' button in the Farm Selector, you will now see a new 'Show Farms Info' button at the top of the window, this will show you using a colored legend all the possible statuses for each farm, like: fertilized, irrigated and watered and also additional info like if this farm is a quest farm, a private farm and also the farm sizes.
On Monday we will show a tool tip with the meaning of each letter and color when you mouse over the colored legend on the top.
8. Performance Improvements when working for others: This fix was released a week ago. As an employee, either on the Market or as a SuperNeighbour and using any harvest tool, the bonus boxes floating around were slowing down the game considerably. Now we are also summarizing those boxes and instead of showing the 25 images of the boxes we are just showing a message like "25 Bonus Crops!". The slowness was more visible on certain crops like corn and coffee.
9. Other Improvements:
a) When removing neighbours in the 'My Neighbours' tab the page wont reload everytime so the process is faster specially for users with many farmtown friends and neighbours
b) The 'Show Quests' button in the Quest Manager will also show the quests completed on day 8 in red, this way you will have more info on why some of your quests do not count anymore for collecting rewards
c) When trying to send gifts or train boost requests the window to select the friends was stuck loading forever for some users
10. Irrigation Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Irrigation Supplies.
Sprinkler Head Wrench
11. Windows and Doors Factory (Coins): Produces Windows and Doors.
Stained Glass Window
12. Canadian Restaurant (FC) (Coming next week): Produces Canadian Food.
13. Windows and Doors Store (Coins): Provides Windows and Doors Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Windows and Doors Factory.
Post Release Updates - August 31st, 3:30AM
- Released the Long Crops Freight Car and Long Fruits Freight Car.
- Bug Fix: The 'Show FarmTown Wall Request' option was showing incorrect layout for some users.
Post-Release Updates - August 31st, 9:00PM
- BugFix: When Super Neighbour is hired for design, when he buys new items for the farm owner, the coins should be taken from the farm owner, not the designer.
- BugFix: Inconsistencies on the Show Quests window and the Quest Chart in the Quest Manager.
Post-Release Updates - September 1st, 5:30PM
- It's possible that the BugFix mentioned above about the Show Quests inconsistencies had not been released yesterday as I mentioned, we just released it now again to be sure. Also, notice that this bug didn't cause any valid quest not to be counted toward the farmcash rewards, it was the other way around, the bug was causing that some quests that had already been part of the last farm cash collection to be shown again on the Show Quests window, so although we do think this caused lot of confusion, it shouldn't have caused any lost in farm cash, like for example, collecting 1 farm cash instead of 2.
- There have been some users complaining about the quantities of the new train cars to be too small, just as a comparison, for example in the case of the crop car, it delivers about 11500 crops, if you have 1 turbo locomotive with your friends helping this is equivalent to harvesting almost 4 40x40 farms fully planted (no space between fields) with highly demanded crops every 2 days.
Post-Release Updates - September 1st, 11:00PM
- BugFix:Some users were experiencing issues when planting crops, when they reloaded the farm after planting, other crops appeared in the farm or the layout was messed up. We were able to reproduce and fix this issue when farmers were using the Harvest-Plant combine. We have been unable to reproduce this issue using the Seeder, if you are still experiencing this issue using just the seeder please report it.