CLEANING UP AFTER GETTING TAGGED BY A SCAM OR VIRUS.
ALSO A LINK TO A SITE THAT GIVES YOU STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON FIXING YOUR ACCOUNT AND PRIVACY SETTINGS TO HELP AVOID THESE ISSUES.
Should you get tagged in one of the viruses or scams that are running rampant on Face Book - here are some easy steps to take to protect yourself.
1. DO NOT OPEN THE LINK - If it looks too good to be true, it is. Or says it watch this, (check out this picture, suicides, etc) or Who is looking at your profile, THESE ARE ALL EITHER SCAMS TO GET YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR VIRUSES.
2. Clean your Face Book profile of all the posts you see like this. To do this, click the X to the right of the post and Mark As SPAM, then in the Pop Up BoX - click Report to FaceBook.
3. Clean the cache in your brower or browers if you are using more than one.
4. Run a virus scan on your computer
5. Reboot your computer to save your cache and virus scan changes and reset Face Book.
6. Face Book recommends that you change your Face Book password.
Following these steps will help to protect your computer and your personal information.
This may seem cumbersome to do however I have been following these steps several weeks, and my tags have dropped from 50 + per day to just a couple a week.
Here is a link that walks you through how to turn off the tags in your privacy settings in Face Book.
TnT Admin Team